Thought for the Day 3/1/2006

Psalms 3:2-5 Many are saying of my soul, "There is no deliverance for him in God." But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head. I was crying to the LORD with my voice, And He answered me from His holy mountain. I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.

God has sustained me - and you. He has allowed me to breathe the breath of life for another day. Do we thank God for the things that we normally take for granted, like waking up this morning?

On most days, "waking" is not something that most of us enjoy, because we'd rather sleep in, instead of going in to work, or something unpleasant needs to be done that day. Yet, in verse 5, David was thankful that God has allowed him to wake to another day of his life.

Take the time today to thank God for the things that you normally take for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023