Psalm 22:1-5 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning. O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.
Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel. In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them. To You they cried out and were delivered; In You they trusted and were not disappointed.


Psalms 22 is about Jesus on the cross. I encourage you to read Psalms 22 in its entirety to fully understand why this reference is made. This psalm is meant to show us that there are many times in our life when we feel that God has completely forgotten us - even though He has not.

Sometimes because of our suffering, we cannot see the "big picture" of God's plan. God has a plan for all of our lives. We may not understand why we must deal with the pain and distress but He has never forgotten us. He has never turned his back to us. Everything that happens is because of God's plan. The 4th verse of this scripture confirms that "Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them". Romans 8:28 tells us that "all things work together for good to them that love God".

Praise God today to know that you are a part of the "big picture", God's plan. Trust in that plan and know that everything you experience in this life has a purpose and a reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023