As for me, I said in my alarm, "I am cut off from before Your eyes"; Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications When I cried to You.
O love the LORD, all you His godly ones! The LORD preserves the faithful And fully recompenses the proud doer.
Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:22-24

Do you ever fear that God doesn't hear your prayers?

David has to account for his impatience in these verses. He hastily assumed that God wasn't paying attention to his cries for help. He soon realized that God had heard his prayers and answered them in due time.

Today, don't become discouraged because a prayer has yet to be answered. Trust in God. This psalms tells us that the "Lord preserves the faithful". David ends this psalm with encouragement for anyone who is waiting for a prayer to be answered: "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023