Thought for the Day 12/25/2006

GET UP!
I saw an expert skater once, performing on the ice, and wondered how she learned to glide so gracefully and nice. I asked her how she got her skill.
She first began to frown, then smiled and said, “Why I got up whenever I fell down.”

I knew a note financier, whose riches were untold. I marveled at his mighty nerve in taking chances bold.Once when we were alone, I asked the rich man of the townthe secret, and his answer was, “Get up when you fall down.”

I heard a famous orator, whose ringing voice brought cheers,and then, in soft and touching tones, evoked a flood of tears.I asked this great man privately how I might win renown,and, like the rest, he told me to get up when I fall down.

“He is a genius,” is a phrase you often read and hear.It means, a man who plugs along with nerve to persevere.You may be awkward at the stunt, and act just like a clown,but if you want to win life’s race, “Get up when you fall down!”
Unknown

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023