Thought for the Weekend 1/31/2009

LIGHT BEYOND THE CLOUD

I often used to murmur,
And on my sorrows dwell,
Until a mite-like trifle
Would to a mountain swell;
And when its misty shadows
My pathway would enshroud,
I did not dream of brightness
Behind the darksome cloud.

At length a soft voice whispered;
Thy daily mercies count,"
I did, and was astonished,
So great was the amount!
I placed both in the balance,
My trials upward flew,
And then the silver lining
From the dark cloud broke through.

Like a bright ray of sunshine
Across my path it fell,
Again the same voice whispered
"God doeth all things well.
Faint not nor be discouraged,
Tho' darkness should enshroud,
His mercy is unfailing,
There's light behind the cloud."

The Christadelphian Magazine 1885

I will sing of the mercies of the LORD forever;
With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.
For I have said, "Mercy shall be built up forever;
Your faithfulness You shall establish in the very heavens."
Psalm 89:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023