Thought for the Day 6/24/2010

"To do list"


I'll wash the floors, I'll paint the doors, and wash the windows too;
I'll peel some apples and make dessert, and then an Irish Stew.
I'll send those photos to my Aunt, and also send her a letter;
Send a parcel to my sick friend, saying I hope she feels better.

But heavenly Father where is the JOY from floors to Irish Stew,
If in all I've hoped or strived to do, I've planned no time for You?
While I live and have my health, there will always be 'things to do';
There will always be apples for dessert, and time to make Irish Stew,

But my spiritual health will suffer much if I do not change my view,
To focus more on my blessings Lord, and spend quiet times with You.
Sue Smith

"Be still and know that I am God"
Psalm 46:10

"In quietness and confidence shall be your strength"
Isaiah 30:15



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023