Thought for the Day 8/16/2005

Psalms 118:18-19 The LORD has disciplined me severely, But He has not given me over to death. Open to me the gates of righteousness; I shall enter through them, I shall give thanks to the LORD.
David had obviously been through some very difficult times. In verse 18, he says that the Lord had "chastened me sore [NASB "disciplined me severely], but he hath not given me over to death". What Faith! Even though he had major difficulties, he praised God that he was alive.

There are days when it seems that there is no end to the problems and difficulties, but if I take a moment to step back and look at the big picture I find that those problems are petty and they are nothing compared to the "big picture" of God's plan. If God was finished with me then I would have already fallen asleep in Christ. Obviously, He has something planned for me. I'm alive and well. Praise God!

Take a moment to step back from all of your problems and difficulties and praise God and thank Him for the life that He has blessed you with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023