Thought for the Day 2/1/2006

Psalm 94:16-19 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the LORD had been my help, My soul would soon have settled in silence. If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.

Do you feel alone in your battles today? David says in verse 16 that no one would help him in his time of trouble. The only person that would help him fight his battle is the one Almighty God. In eminent danger from his enemies, he found strength and comfort in God.

Verse 19 tells us that although our minds be filled with the struggles of the day our soul can find comfort in him.

"From my sinful thoughts, my vain thoughts, my sorrowful thoughts, my griefs, my cares, my conflicts, I will hasten to the Lord; he has divine comforts, and these will not only console but actually delight me."
- C.H. Spurgeon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023