Thought for the Day 8/9/2007

"How Long, Lord!? Have you forgotten about me?"

This is a question that I've asked many times. It's such a foolish question. How could God forget about one of his children? He can't.

We find David in distress in Psalm 13 (see below) and he's wondering how long he must endure his trials.

Yet, in verse 5, David finds the strength to carry on. His faith in the protection of God gives him strength and security and, in verse 6, he has quickly had his sadness turned to joy has he realizes what God has done for him.
My Daily Psalm

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalm 13:1-2, 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023