Thought for the Day 7/28/2008

'The Eagle and the Wolf’
There is a great battle
That rages inside me.
One side is a soaring eagle.
Everything the eagle stands for
Is good and true and beautiful.
It soars above the clouds.
Even though it dips down into the valleys,
It lays its eggs on the mountaintops.

The other side of me is a howling wolf.
And that raging, howling wolf
Represents the worst that is in me.
He feasts upon my downfalls
And justifies himself by his presence in the pack.

Who wins this great battle?
The one I feed.
Unknown

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him [Christ],
that the body of sin might be destroyed,
that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Romans 6:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023