Thought for the Day 6/5/2009

The LORD is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 28:7

There are many reasons to worship God, more than I could possibly state in this reflection, or even in a thousand. At the core, we worship God because of who God is and what God has done. Our worship is a response to God, to his grace and mercy in our lives, as well as to his greatness and majesty.

Psalm 28:7 makes a specific connection between God’s work in our lives and our worship. This verse begins with a declaration of God’s power and protection. Because he is our “strength and shield,” therefore we trust him completely.

Yet God’s power is not just something we affirm. It is also something we experience. Thus the psalmist says, “He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”

Our response to God’s gracious intervention in our lives is joy, a joy that leads to “songs of thanksgiving.” The more we experience and acknowledge God’s goodness to us, the less we will be able to keep it inside.
from Daily Reflection & Insights

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023