Thought for the Day 8/6/2010

Oh the bliss, the utter bliss
To be in silence such as this.
How very precious to be alone ...
in mind to kneel before God's Throne.

To be still and know that He is Lord,
to meditate upon His Word,
and leave all burdens in His hands,
knowing that He understands
the pain-confusion of the heart.

All this in prayer, I may impart
to the Loving Father, and then confess
my doubts, any fears or selfishness,
then thus forgiven, I will raise
sweet words of Gratitude and Praise.

Content I'll walk through this new day
my eyes on Christ who leads the way
He takes my hand, He's ever near
His words of guidance ever clear
for Perfected Love casts out all fear
when following One Who is so dear.
Sue Smith

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me when I was in distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.
Psalm 4:1



Maritta Terrell



Thoughts are also posted at:

http://thoughtsaday.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023