Thought for the Day 11/19/2012



He causes us to remember his wonderful works.
     How gracious and merciful is our LORD!
Psalm 111:4

When I actually take time to think about God’s grace in my life, when I actually remember the ways he has saved, healed, and transformed me, then gratitude flows quite easily. For me the formula is simple: Time + Remembering = Gratitude.

Psalm 111:4 celebrates the fact that the Lord “causes us to remember his wonderful works.” How does this happen? Partly, it comes when we quiet our hearts and open them to his love and Word. Sometimes remembrance bubbles up as if out of nowhere.

In this season of thanksgiving, may I encourage you to set aside time for remembrance. Allow the Lord to bring to mind his manifold gifts to you. True thanksgiving will follow.
Daily Psalms

He causes us to remember his wonderful works.
     How gracious and merciful is our LORD!
Psalm 111:4

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023