Thought for the Day 5/25/2015



A Soldier's Prayer
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I ask for all thinks, that I might enjoy life,
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for - but everything that I had hoped for,
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all men most richly blessed.
- An Unknown Confederate soldier

Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 
2 Timothy 2:3

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023