Thought for the Day 4/12/2018

I asked God to take away my pride,
And God said, "No."
He said it was not for Him to take away,
But for me to give up.

I asked God to grant me patience,
And God said, "No."
He said patience is a by-product of tribulation. It isn't granted - it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness, And God said, "No."
He said He gives blessings, Happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain, And God said, "No."
He said, "Suffering draws you apart from  
Worldly cares and brings you close to Me."

I asked God to make my spirit grow, And God said, "No."
He said I must grow on my own, But He will prune me to make it fruitful.

I asked God to help me love others As much as He loves me,
And God said, "Ah, finally you have the idea."
~ Claudi Minden Welsz

And this commandment we have from Him:
whoever loves God must also love his brother.
~1 John 4:21

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023