Thought for the Day 9/28/2018


Friday Tale: What Do I Have?
What do I have, Lord that you would need me as a servant?

Eyes, he said,  to see the beauty in all that I’ve made —  and my children as they travel life’s highway.

Hands, he said,  to reach out and touch hurting souls, to give a hug or encouraging pat on the back.

Feet, he said,  to lead my children through this world of strife  and to help them run from sin and follow me.

Mouth, he said,  to lift up your voice and sing praises to me  so others may hear the joy in your heart.

Ears, he said,  to listen to my still, small voice of love and to hear my children when they cry for help.

Heart, he said, so you may know the fullness of my love and love my children as I have loved you.
~ Thomas Butler

Praise the Lord! for it is good to sing praises to our God;
for it is pleasant and a song of praise is fitting!
~ Psalm 147:1

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023