Thought for the Day 8/30/2019

Friday Tale: Seeing A Sermon

I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day,
I’d rather one should walk with me
than merely show the way.
The eye’s a better pupil and more willing
than the ear;
Fine counsel is confusing,
but example is always clear;
And the best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds,
For to see the good in action is what everybody needs.
I can soon learn how to do it if you’ll let me see it done,
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue may too fast run.
And the lectures you deliver may be wise and true;
But I’d rather get my lesson by observing what you do.
For I may misunderstand you and the high advice you give,
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.
~ Edgar A. Guest

Set an example for others by what you say and do,
as well as by your love, faith, and purity.
~ 1 Timothy 4:12

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023