Thought for the Day 9/27/2019


Friday Tale - Serve Now Please
I hoped that with the brave and strong
my portioned task might lie;
to toil among the busy throng
with purpose pure and high;
but God has fixed another part,
and He has fixed it well:
I said so with my breaking heart
when first this trouble fell.

These weary hours will not be lost
these days of misery,
these nights of darkness, tempest-tost,
can I but turn to Thee;
with secret labor to sustain
in patience every blow,
to gather fortitude from pain,
and holiness from woe.

If Thou would be with me through the night,
humbler I should be,
wiser, more strengthened for the fight,
more apt to lean on Thee.
Should death be standing at the gate,
I’ll not fear, I’ll keep my vow.
But Lord! Whatever be my fate,
Oh, let me serve Thee now.
~ Anne Bronte (modified)

The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and
saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the
afflictions of the righteous, BUT
the Lord delivers him out of them all.
~ Psalm 34:18-19

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023