Thought for the Day 10/22/2021

 Friday Tale - Rating Blessings


The Travelers and the Plane Tree

Two travelers, worn out by the heat of
the summer's sun, laid themselves
down at noon under the wide-
spreading branches of a Plane Tree
(see picture).

As they rested under its shade, one of
the Travelers said to the other, "What
a singularly useless tree is the Plane!
It bears no fruit, and is not of the least service to man."

The Plane Tree, interrupting him, said,
"You ungrateful fellow! Do you, while
receiving benefits from me and resting
in my shade, dare to describe me
as useless and unprofitable?"

Some men under-rate their blessings. Do you?
~ Steve Goodier

O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt you,
I will praise and give thanks to Your name,
for You have done marvelous things,
plans formed long, long ago, fulfilled
with perfect faithfulness.
~ Isaiah 25:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023