Thought for the Day 1/21/2022

 Friday Tale - The World is Mine 

Today upon a bus, I saw a lovely girl with golden hair;
She seemed so gay, I envied her and I wished I were so fair;
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle;
She had one foot and wore a crutch, BUT as she passed, a smile.

          Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
          I have two feet—the world is mine. 

I stopped to buy some sweets,
the lad who served me had such charm;
He seemed to radiate good cheer,
his manner was so kind and warm;
I said, “It’s nice to deal with you, such courtesy I seldom find”;
He turned and said, “Oh, thank you sir.”
And then I saw that he was blind.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two eyes, the world is mine.

Then, when walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue;
He stood and watched the others play, it seemed he knew not what to do;
I stopped a moment, then I said, “Why don’t you join the others, dear?”
He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he could not hear.


Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two ears, the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I’d go;
With eyes to see the sunsets glow,
With ears to hear all I should know.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I am blessed indeed. The world is mine
.
~ Joy Lovelet Crawford

Blessed be the LORD, because
He has heard the voice of my supplication.
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults, and
with my song I shall thank Him.
~ Psalm 28:6-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023