Thought for the Day 5/13/2022


Friday Tale - I understand

 I stopped by to introduce myself to my next-door neighbor in the new neighborhood where we were moving. We talked. He's a local radio personality, Si-Man Baby.

 As we talked about various aspects of life, Si-Man Baby would nod and speak two words, "I understand."

 They were simple words, yet so profound.

 They were words that we need to speak more often among friends, family, spouses, co-workers, and even nations. The simple words of, "I understand."

 After talking with Si-Man Baby for about 45 minutes, I left his presence, but his presence didn't leave me.

 Days later I found myself listening to others, nodding my head and uttering, "I understand."

 I found myself repeating "I understand" more and more.

 As I read various submissions and prayer requests, I found myself nodding my head and silently saying, "I understand."

 I saw why Si-Man Baby is such a successful radio personality. He understands.

 "No one understands me," is a phrase that so many say.

 As we nod our heads, identify with, and repeat that phrase that no one understands us, we also need to ask, "Do we understand others?"

 I felt Si-Man fully understood what I said because he said so.

 Perhaps the first phase of being understood, is understanding.

 Understand?

~ A Mountain Wings Original

 A wise man will hear and increase in learning,
and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel.
~ Proverbs 1:5

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023