Thought for the Day 6/10/2022

 Friday Tale - Jump Out! 

One day an army general was visiting a military base where paratroopers were training on jumping out of airplanes. 

   During a conversation, the general asked this question to a group getting ready to go up in the air: “How do you like jumping out of planes?”

   The first paratrooper responded, “I love it, sir.”

    He then asked the next. “It’s a fantastic experience, sir!” exclaimed the soldier. “I couldn’t imagine not doing it.”

   “How do you like it?” the general asked the third one.

   “I’m scared to death, sir, and don’t much like it,” he honestly said.

   “Then why do you do it?” the general queried.

    “This group has a passion for jumping, sir, they’re excited about it, and I like being around people who enjoy what they do! The worst bankrupt in the world is the person who has lost his enthusiasm."

~ Jim Gentil 

So then my dear ones, just as you have always obeyed my instructions with enthusiasm, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with awe-inspired fear and trembling.
~ Philippians 2:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023