Thought for the Day 3/17/2023

 Friday Tale - Offer a Ride! 

Fire department vehicle - not a truck - was pulled up in front of the supermarket this afternoon. Was there a fire? 

         Nope. Driver said a man had stumbled as he was walking on the sidewalk and was limping. The vehicle was parked nearby. Driver saw the man and asked him where he had to go. 

         He drove the man to the supermarket and waited outside. But as we were talking, the driver of the vehicle received a call to check out some sort of dangerous situation elsewhere in the city. 

         The driver gives me a description of the man. "Would you mind going into the supermarket and finding him? Tell him I had to go." 

         I did. But then I saw an ice cream truck parked nearby. The driver wasn't doing any business. He was just standing outside the truck. He heard me and the man talking as we left the store, and when he heard of the circumstances, he offered the shopper a ride home. 

         So tell me: when was the last time you went to the supermarket in a fire department vehicle and came home in an ice cream truck? 

         I would have loved to have seen the look on his wife's face when he stepped out of the ice cream truck with his groceries.
~ David Jablinowitz 

In my distress I called upon the LORD and cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry for help before Him came into His ears. The LORD thundered from heaven, the voice of the Most High responded.
~ Psalm 18:6, 13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023