Thought for the Day 8.16.2024

 

Thought for the Day 8/16/2024

Friday Tale - When We ask 'WHY'?!


Man: God, can I ask You a question?


GOD: Sure .

Man: Promise You won’t get mad …

GOD: I promise!

Man: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

GOD: What do you mean?

Man: Well, I woke up late.

GOD: Yes.

Man: My car took forever to start.

GOD: Okay.

Man: At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.

GOD: Huummm.

Man: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call.

GOD: All right.

Man: And on top of it all off, when I got home I just wanted to soak my
 feet in my new foot massager and relax. But it wouldn’t work!!! Nothing
 went right today! Why did You do that?

GOD: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had 
to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep 
through that.

Man (humbled): OH .

GOD: I didn’t let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Man: (ashamed)

GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn’t
 want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn’t afford to miss work.

Man (embarrassed): Okay.

GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going 
to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn’t even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Man (softly): I see God.

GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to 
throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn’t think you wanted to be in the dark.

Man: I’m Sorry God.

GOD: Don’t be sorry, just learn to Trust Me…. in All things, the Good
 and the bad.

Man: I will trust You.

GOD: And don’t doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Man: I won’t God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

~ Unknown


WHY are you in despair, my soul?

And why are you restless within me?

Wait for God, for I will again praise Him

for the saving acts of His presence.

~ Psalm 42:5, 11; 43:5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 4/5/2024