D on't die with your music still inside you. Listen to your intuitive inner voice and find what passion stirs your soul. ~ Wayne Dyer O nly that in every way.... Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, .... as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, BUT that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in me..... ~ Philippians 1:18, 20
Friday Tale - "The Richest Man" A rich landowner named Carl often rode around his vast estate so he could congratulate himself on his great wealth. One day while riding around his estate on his favorite horse, he saw Hans, an old tenant farmer. Hans was sitting under a tree when Carl rode by. "I was just thanking God for my food." Hans said. "If that is all I had to eat, I wouldn't feel like giving thanks." Carl protested. "God has given me everything I need, and I am thankful for it." Hans replied. The old farmer added, "It is strange you should come by today because I had a dream last night. In my dream a voice told me, 'The richest man in the valley will die tonight.' I don't know what it means, but I thought I ought to tell you." ...
Friday Tale ~ Meal Fund T hey call it “lunch shaming.” I call it cruelty. For nearly four decades, I stood by and saw it play out in my classroom’s shadow. Then one ordinary Tuesday, I finally broke the rules. My name is Daniel Whitmore. For 38 years, I’ve been a history teacher. My days were spent inside gray cinder block walls, with shelves of fraying textbooks and the steady drone of the dismissal bell at 2:15 every afternoon. I taught U.S. history—wars, speeches, the Great Depression. I told my students about bread lines, dust bowls, and families that had to scrape together pennies just to put food on the table. But the hardest lesson wasn’t in any chapter. It happened every day in the cafeteria. It was a Tuesday when I noticed it with new eyes. One of my quieter sophomores, Jamie, a boy who sat at the back of third period, was in the lunch line. He was a good kid, always sketching little Union soldiers or Civil War cannons in the margins of his notes. That day, when he got t...
Comments
Post a Comment