Thought for the Day 7/7/2005

Psalms 30:8-12 To You, O LORD, I called, And to the Lord I made supplication:
"What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your faithfulness? Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper."
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, that my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.


In David's time of trouble, he cried to God and asked himself these two simple questions in verse 9.

What good is done when I am miserable? or even dead?

What benefit to God's glory and honor is there when I'm moping around feeling sorry for my situation? Dead to everything?

God promises to uplift my life if I only ask him. In this psalm, David had his life transformed from mourning into dancing. God took away his sackcloth and clothed him with gladness.

If a situation has you down today, then take the time to praise God ask for your mourning to be turned to dancing. Say "thank you" for what we do have to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023