Thought for the Day 1/19/2006

Psalms 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

God promises to be our portion, the supplier of all of our needs. Though we may not wear the best of clothing, or eat the finest of foods, or live in the greatest of all neighborhoods, God supplies us with our needs. Our portion is what God has deemed best for us. The psalmist concedes that there is nothing upon this earth that can satisfy his desires more than the presence of God in his life.

"There is nothing desirable save God; let us, then, desire only him. All other things must pass away; let our hearts abide in him, who alone abides for ever." - C.H. Spurgeon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023