Thought for the Day 5/1/2020


Friday Tale ~ Thankfulness

Thankfulness is not a minor virtue.
It is not one of the elementary virtues
[that] may be left behind as we
become more mature. I believe that
thankfulness is essential to the strength
of every virtue, and that without it every
other branch is starved and lean.

Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion.
Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception.
Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude.
Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed
and limps along the spiritual road.
~ John Henry Jowett

The LORD is my strength and my shield,
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
therefore my heart exults, and with
my song I shall thank Him.
~ Psalm 28:7

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023