Thought for the Day 5/15/2020


Friday Tale - Using ALL Your Strength

There is a wonderful parable about a young boy and his father who came across a large tree branch blocking a country road. The boy boasted, “I bet I can move that branch.”
His dad answered, “I'm sure you can, but you'll have to use all your strength.”
The boy tackled the task enthusiastically, but after struggling and straining he was only able to move it a few feet. Exhausted, he concluded, “I guess we were both wrong. I can't move it.”
    His father said, “you don't know that yet. Try again, but this time use all your strength.”
    The boy tried once more and got nowhere. “Dad, I can't do it alone. I need help.”
    “That's all you had to say, Son. I am part of your strength.”
    Together they moved the branch.
    This is an important lesson. There are many things we can't do alone, but that doesn't mean we can't get them done. We are all surrounded by resources that can help us achieve our goals, including family, friends and faith. Sometimes we fail to ask for help because of pride or stubbornness or because we think it's a sign of weakness. Sometimes we don't ask because we think we'll be turned down.
    It's important that we learn to use all our strength, and this includes inner resources such as discipline, courage and even love. But it also includes outer resources. Just as we should be willing to help others, we should be willing to ask the help of others.
~ Michael Josephson

The Lord GOD is my strength, and
He has made my feet like hinds' feet,
and makes me walk on my high places.
Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the LORD GOD is my strength and song,
and He has become my salvation.
~ Habakkuk 3:19 and Isaiah 12:20

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for the Day 12/18/2020

Thought for the Day 7/24/2018

Thought for the Day 7/6/2023