Friday Tale - Dog-gone Good Advice
IF a dog was the teacher, you would learn stuff like:
* When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
* Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
* Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
* When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
* Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
* Take naps.
* Stretch before rising.
* Run, romp, and play daily.
* Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
* Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
* On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
* On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
* When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body
* No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout! Run right back and make friends.
* Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
* * Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
* If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
* When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
But let all who take refuge in You be glad,
let them ever sing for joy;
and may You shelter them, that those
who love Your name may exult in You.
~ Psalm 5:11